The Publishing Co-ordinator’s responsibility is to keep the company running smoothly and according to schedule, managing the relationship and work exchange between key members such as freelance cover designers, proofreaders and accounts managers. You will have your hand in all areas of the company and be able to think both creatively, commercially and practically.
There will be various administrative duties to juggle, including managing ebook and print production, calculating sales and royalties each month and working across numerous email, website and social media accounts on the behalf of authors, estates, reading groups and Ipso Books itself. With this comes the satisfaction of directly influencing the shape and success of a book.
An enthusiasm for literature is a must – you will join the team in reading submissions and deciding which new pieces to take forward. With an interest in publishing in general, you will work with the team so see where titles fit into the market and understand which audience to target and how.
The successful applicant will…
– Have at least one year’s experience working in publishing
– Be highly organised and efficient, being able to prioritise where necessary
– Have the ability to write engaging copy, a keen eye for detail and profess themselves a gramma pedant (…did you catch that?)
– Have a good feel for design in order to advise on cover designs and create promotional material
– Be confident with social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
– Experience with website templates such as WordPress and Squarespace and familiarity with SEO is desired but not essential
We are looking for someone keen and imaginative, who’s willing to take on responsibility, get stuck in and learn a hell of a lot.
If you’d like to apply for this job vacancy, please send your cover letter and CV to Kate Evans at email@example.com.